Delicious And Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
A nice Spanish rice recipe....try this one !
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 Tbs. of olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove smashed
- 1 1/2 cups raw long grain rice
- ( even basmati works fine )
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- or 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid ( manual hand crush tomatoes )
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water or chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small can of mushrooms drained
In a sauce pot, over medium heat, heat oil and cook onion ( bell pepper if using ) until wilted and soft and then briefly garlic.
Stir in raw rice and cook and stir until rice gets a pale tan color.
Add tomatoes with liquid, the boiling water ( or stock ) and bring to a boil,
Cover and simmer until rice has absorbed the liquid and is tender.(depending on the rice, you may have to add more water or stock.)
Stir in mushrooms if desired.
When tender, fluff with fork and Spanish rice recipe is ready to serve...enjoy it !