Ham With Spanish Rice Recipe
Spanish Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked ham cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes including liquid
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 3 tablespoons small capers with a few drops of their brine
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 cup frozen okra pieces
- 1 cup rice cooked
Spanish Rice Recipe Instructions
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
When hot add onion, peppers, celery and garlic then sauté until tender but not browned.
Add all remaining ingredients except ham, okra and rice then reduce heat to simmer.
Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes then add okra and cook another 10 minutes.
Add ham and rice and cook 5 minutes more then stir well and serve immediately.