Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
A nice Spanish rice recipe to try !
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Cook rice and onion in oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown and onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. The Spanish rice recipe is ready....enjoy it !